The ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces Grade 8 Part & Piano contains nine pieces from ABRSM's Grade 8 Violin syllabus for 2016-2019, three pieces chosen from each of Lists A, B and C. These pieces have been carefully selected to offer an appealing and also varied repertoire. Hence creating a collection that provides a balanced programme for both exam or concert work. Furthermore, each volume also includes helpful footnotes and syllabus information all carefully edited and clearly presented throughout.
- Adagio: 1st movt from Sonata No. 1 in G minor for Solo Violin, BWV 1001 [Johann Sebastian Bach]
- Allegro moderato: 1st movt from Concerto in G, Hob VIIa/4 [Joseph Haydn]
- Preludio and Corrente: 1st and 2nd movts from Sonata in C minor, RV 6 [Antonio Vivaldi]
- Allegretto grazioso: 3rd movt from Sonata in A, Op. 100 [Johannes Brahms]
- Scherzo: No. 2 from Three Pieces, Op. 42 [Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky]
- Obertass: No. 1 from Two Mazurkas, Op. 19 [Henryk Wieniawski]
- Hoe-Down from Rodeo [Aaron Copland]
- Romance [Helen Grime]
- Full Fathom Five: No. 1 from On the Fiddle [Michael Nyman]
In addition to the pieces, those preparing for exams will also require the ABRSM Violin Grade 8 Scales & Arpeggios book. Finally, you may be interested in Specimen Sight-Reading Tests and Specimen Aural Tests to help with these practical tests which are also part of the exam.