The ABRSM Violin Exam Pieces Grade 8 Score, Part & CD contains nine pieces from ABRSM's Grade 8 Violin syllabus for 2016-2019, three pieces chosen from each of Lists A, B and C. These pieces have been carefully selected to offer an appealing and also varied repertoire. Hence creating a collection that provides a balanced programme for both exam or concert work. Furthermore, each volume also includes helpful footnotes and syllabus information all carefully edited and clearly presented throughout.
All of the pieces on the Grade 8 syllabus have been recorded by leading concert performers Pavlo Beznosiuk, Lucy Gould and Alexandra Wood.
- Adagio: 1st movt from Sonata No. 1 in G minor for Solo Violin, BWV 1001 [Johann Sebastian Bach]
- Allegro moderato: 1st movt from Concerto in G, Hob VIIa/4 [Joseph Haydn]
- Preludio and Corrente: 1st and 2nd movts from Sonata in C minor, RV 6 [Antonio Vivaldi]
- Allegretto grazioso: 3rd movt from Sonata in A, Op. 100 [Johannes Brahms]
- Scherzo: No. 2 from Three Pieces, Op. 42 [Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky]
- Obertass: No. 1 from Two Mazurkas, Op. 19 [Henryk Wieniawski]
- Hoe-Down from Rodeo [Aaron Copland]
- Romance [Helen Grime]
- Full Fathom Five: No. 1 from On the Fiddle [Michael Nyman]
In addition to the pieces, those preparing for exams will also require the ABRSM Violin Grade 8 Scales & Arpeggios book. Finally, you may be interested in Specimen Sight-Reading Tests and Specimen Aural Tests to help with these practical tests which are also part of the exam.