With its brand new Yamaha CFX Concert Grand voice and realistic Graded Hammer Mk III weighted hammer action, the YDP 165 offers a piano-like experience ideal for both beginners and advanced students.
- Meticulously sampled from Yamaha’s flagship CFX grand piano
- 10 Voices, 353 Songs
- New Virtual Resonance Modeling Lite (VRM Lite)
- GH3 weighted keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops
- Gentle on the ears when playing with headphones
- Built-in stereo amplifier (20 W x 2)
- Built-in stereo speaker system (12 cm x 2)
- Smart Pianist app compatibility – featuring intuitive operation and score viewing
The Yamaha YDP 165 Arius digital piano is a brilliant step up from the Yamaha YDP145 beginners piano. The YDP-165 offers a more accurate touch and response along with better repetition over the YDP145. Furthermore you will find the piano tone greatly improved, all thanks to its better speaker configuration.
The YDP165 features a new sample from the CFX 9' concert grand piano. The CFX concert grand, played by the winner of the prestigious International Chopin Competition in 2010, has since gained recognition as one of the greatest concert grands of modern times. Therefore the YDP Offers sparkling highs and a powerful resonant bass. Furthermore, a sound that appears to project to the furthest reaches of any concert hall.
Acoustic piano playability:
Authentic piano feel with an 88-key piano action and synthetic ivory and ebony keys. The Graded Hammer 3 (GH3) keyboard reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano, from the heavy feel in the lower register to a lighter touch in the upper octaves. The GH3 features a three-sensor configuration that accurately senses and interprets the behaviour of the keyboard. This enables it to provide a grand piano-style response and feel, allowing rapid note repetition and authentic expressive control.
Designed for your personal enjoyment:
The YDP165 offers convenient functions for when you cannot always play the piano at high volume. Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC) adjusts the sound automatically to allow players to enjoy balanced sound at any volume level. Stereophonic Optimizer lets players enjoy the natural, spacious sound experienced when sitting in front of an acoustic piano, even when wearing headphones. When using this function, voices sampled from acoustic pianos are perceived to come from the body of the instrument itself, not your headphones, providing a comfortable, natural experience.
Classic & Elegant:
Designed to elegantly fit into your home decor. The YDP-165 represents the traditional design of the acoustic piano while delivering the technology and convenience of a state-of-the-art digital piano. Choose from three finish options to best match your music-making space.
What we say about the Yamaha YDP165 Digital Piano:
With a more accurate piano action as well as an improved piano tone over the ydp145, you should seriously consider this as your first digital piano purchase.
- Width: 1357 mm
- Height: 849 mm
- Depth: 422 mm
- Weight: 42 kg
- Keyboard: Graded hammer (GH3) keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops
- Number of Keys: 88
- Key-Off Samples
- Smooth Release
- Touch Sensitivity: Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed
- Pedals: Damper(with half-pedal function)/Sostenuto/Soft
- Finish: White Ash
Functions and Voices
- Tone Generator: New CFX
- Polyphony (Max): 192
- Virtual Resonance Modeling Lite (VRM Lite)
- Number of Voices: 10
- Effects: Reverb (four types), Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), Stereophonic Optimizer, Damper Resonance
- Preset Songs: 10 Demo Songs, 50 Piano Preset Songs+ 303 lesson songs
- Data Capacity: 150 KB per song (approx. 11,000 notes)
- Compatible Data Format (Playback): SMF (format 0, format 1)
- Compatible Data Format (Recording): SMF (format 0)
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 280 bpm
- Transpose: -6 to 0, 0 to +6
- Tuning: 414.8 - 440.0 - 446.8 Hz
- Connectivity: Stereo headphone jack x 2; USB-to-host
- Amplifiers: 20 W x 2
- Speakers: 12cm x 2
- Acoustic Optimizer: Yes
- Power Supply: PA-300C or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Power Consumption: 13 W (When using PA-300C AC adapter)
- Included Accessories: PA-300C AC adapter; song book (50 Greats for Piano)
This is our free option and the fastest. (subject to stock) This option involves a courier delivering the piano on a pallet. It will be delivered at street level to your front door but cannot be delivered up any steps and will not be delivered into your home. We highly recommend having someone assist you with moving the piano as the boxes are large and heavy. You will be responsible for building the piano and disposing of all packages.
This option is done by either ourselves or by a specialist piano courier. They will deliver the piano into your home to the room of your choosing. It will be delivered in it's box and will require self assembly. You will be responsible for removing the packaging and disposing of it. If the box will not fit into the room or up the stairs, the company will remove individual components and place them in the room. You will still be responsible for assembly and disposal of all packaging. This service can generally be timed to suit you, but this is not a guarantee. You will be provided with a 2 hour delivery window by ourselves or the piano courier.
Our premium delivery service is all inclusive and one of our most popular options. Ourselves or a specialist courier will deliver the piano at a time to suit you. We will deliver it to the room of your choice, assemble the piano and test it, and we will remove and recycle the packaging. You can sit back, relax and within 15-20 minutes you'll be playing your piano. We'll even assemble the stool for you if you bought one!
**Please note that these services and prices apply to UK Mainland only, and not all services will be available in all regions of the UK. Islands will incur ferry costs at your expense.